Summer in Seoul Visa

Do you need a visa to study on the Summer in South Korea program?


If you are a US citizen, there is no visa application required for this program. You will arrive in South Korea, go through customs, and say “tourism” as the purpose of your travel. The customs official will then stamp your passport. US citizens are allowed to travel up to 90 days on a tourist visa in South Korea.

If you are not a US citizen, please talk to your Program Coordinator about obtaining a visa prior to arrival in South Korea.

IMPORTANT: CISabroad will advise students on visa procedures for travel requirements for your CISabroad program only. CISabroad is not responsible for advising students on visa issues if they plan to travel internationally before or after the program dates. Required documents for visa are always subject to change at the discretion of the consulate.

These instructions are intended for US passport holders. International students must also be aware of additional documentation and/or processing time needed for their visas. Please contact your Program Coordinator to discuss your visa.