Intern in Rome Visa

Do you need a visa to study in Italy?

US Citizens/US Passport holders:

For internships under 90 days, you WILL NOT need to obtain a visa. Please make sure you have a valid passport for your travels and check to ensure it will not expire any time soon.

  • Your passport will need be valid for 60 days after the end of your program. If your US passport will expire two months after the end of your program, it is important you renew your passport before your trip. This may take several weeks, so plan accordingly. Please let your program coordinator know if you have any questions about immigration.

Non-US Citizen/Non-US Passport holders:

CISabroad cannot advise on the visa procedures for non-US citizens. Please let your CISabroad Program Coordinator know if you do not have/are not eligible to obtain a US passport. It is important you reach out to your local Italian consulate for immigration requirements. While CISabroad may not formally advise on your visa, we can provide required documentation, insurance information, program acceptance letters, etc. that may be required.