Intern and Summer Study Abroad in Ecuador Visa

Do I need a visa to intern or study for the summer in Ecuador?

You WILL NOT need to obtain a visa. Please make sure you have a valid passport for your travels and ensure it will not expire before or 6 months after your program ends.

US Citizens can enter Ecuador on a 90-day visa without any additional steps; they’ll just give you a stamp in your passport at immigration. Please note though, you cannot overstay your visa, so if you plan to travel after your program ends, make sure you do not go over the 90-day mark.


No Visa

IMPORTANT: CISabroad will only advise students on visa procedures for travel requirements for their CISabroad program only. CISabroad is not responsible for advising students on visa issues if they plan to travel internationally before or after the program dates.

These instructions are intended for US passport holders. International students must also be aware of additional documentation and/or processing time needed for their visas. Please contact your Program Coordinator to discuss your visa.