Australia Tourist Visa

Do you need a visa to travel to Australia?


For your CISabroad program in Australia, you WILL need to obtain a tourist visa. You will NOT need to obtain a long term student visa, as you will not be considered a full time student.

You can obtain a visitor visa (subclass 600) OR Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) visa. We recommend purchasing these visas prior to getting the airport as it is cheaper. However you CAN purchase a visitor visa in the airport prior to boarding the airplane.

These visas allow you to stay in Australia up to 3 months. You CANNOT work on this visa.